5.11.2011

blankity blankity blankity...... and tits


you know how monday i felt like this
.....well yesterday was more along the lines of


it never ceases to amaze me
the rapid fire way life, and ones view of it,
can change from moment to moment.


it’s like when you were in college
and you’d be out at a bar with friends
and some song would come on the radio like
"every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end”
and you’re all positive and fearless and
“yeah beginnings…. powerful, right on.”
and then in the very next second you're ordering a double


 your lower lip starts to tremble,
 your friends shoot each other that look
and suddenly you're like,
“beginnings!!!!
what the fuckity fuck fuck
am i going to do with my life?”

there are days i feel i’m moving along pretty well


feeling my zen,
flexing my patience,
living in the moment,
happy in my skin,
lovin where i'm at,
and then WHAM
something throws me for a loop,
my lower lip starts trembling
and i struggle to keep my center.

on days like that


and then i keep on smiling,
keep on breathing and know that my next
bloody fantastic day is just around the corner.

~mrs m

kings speech blurb and other images grabbed here and here

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hope your day gets better...I know the feeling! One of the biggest life lessons I have learned is to be your own best friend. If it means buying yourself a drink (maybe at home ;), or buying a new outfit..Do whatever it takes. My best remedy is to either go for a run or go to a class at my gym. You are a wonderful, beautiful person, Mel. and always remember that- especially on the days you fell like $%#*!!

kerwin said...

We have all been there, I just try to think of how boring life would be if everything was perfect and easy and....flat. From what I can see here, you are kicking some serious ass, so keep it up and focus on the good stuff.