12.07.2011

divided


i am a girl divided


i am a girl with a sky high stiletto in one world 


and a frye boot in another 


in one world 
i am stylish and polished
i am made-up and manicured, painted and plucked
i manage, i direct, i delegate and create
i think about security and the norm
what happens next week and next year
i debate newt or romney
benjamin moore vs valspar
....i am successful


in another world
i am casual and uninhibited
i am natural and relaxed, wild and free
 i work with people and the planet with hearts and with souls
i  wander the world, sleep in strange places
i think about freedom and moments 
and raising our babies on boats
....i am different


in one world
my home is surround sound and granite
breakable and fresh


in another
its rough and tumble
and dirty footprints
its open windows and salty breezes


at times i feel i'm cheating on myself
i'm just not positive 
which me i'm actually cheating on


and so i wonder....
 if one world will eventually become more comfortable than the other
or 
if i learn to embrace each of the me's 
... i can truly find a way.... 
to have the best of both worlds

xoxo~ m

2 comments:

Princess and the Peace said...

Oh wow I can relate. Nicely said.

Brandi said...

I think there's definitely a way to embrace both. This was such a lovely post and I definitely feel like this often. I also now need to go purchase myself a pair of Frye boots.